Hello good friends, I hope you rocked the holidays. How do you stay positive when slammed with the challenges and ‘lows’ that are a part of life? Chip in a tip or two below please.
1. Spend time with people that make you happy and help take your mind off worries –
Life can seem like a lot to take in sometimes, It really can get a little overwhelming. It’s times like these that you need a good friend by your side, cheering you on and encouraging you along the way. That friend that’s a laugh and a half, that can help turn any sour mood around and bring a different perspective to a seemingly bleak situation, that friend you can always turn to for a shoulder to lean on, a listening ear, some hard truths – tough love style and good advice when you need it.
2. Do the things that cheer you up – I personally like to watch TV series (seasonal shows) and read a lot – books, magazines, newspapers, articles on the internet, blog posts – everything really. Writing is also therapeutic for me. If you’re not a voracious reader you could go see a movie at the cinema, clear your head at the beach, go clubbing , whatever works for you – just live!
3. Make a move – It is too easy to sit and brood over what could have been, Sadness is often linked to dissatisfaction with one’s life, often the feeling of disappointment lingers over shelved dreams – make an effort to achieve that dream, even if it means starting small and watch your spirit lift.
4. Stay positive – surround yourself with only friends and family members that recognize how truly awesome you are and encourage you every step of the way on the road to maximising your potential and achieving your dreams. Do not forget to be there for them when they need you too. In life we have to give as good as we get.
5. Take it to the good Lord – Calling on God and tabling your challenges before him never gets old, hand over every issue, big and small alike to him and feel peace wash over you.
6. Live your best life – Have fun and be happy, help people when you can – the satisfaction that comes with making life a little better for someone else is great. Make an effort everyday to grow in every area of your life – grow, grow, grow! Life is too short to sit in a corner twiddling your thumbs – live, love and grow – BE HAPPY!